Saturday, April 10, 2010

Green Paint

Hello,

The room that houses the computer used to be a green, a yellowish green that no one in the congregation liked. So it was repainted. I had gotten used to it, consequently I was not bothered either way.

We have a porch swing that had been my parents’. We think it is over twenty years old. It is rotting and needed to be painted. “We do not need to move it again,” I assured Leroy, “but I would like to paint it.”

There is a lot of paint in this house from who knows what source. Leroy figured it would be ok to use some of it. Since we know the green is not a popular color we chose that. There was a small part of a gallon and an additional almost full gallon.

This afternoon we painted most of the swing. The green certainly looks better outside than it did inside. We figure that it does not matter if it washes off as we can repaint multiple times with our rich supply of paint. We did not finish the swing, but will do that fun job tomorrow. We may even give it two coats.

Do you have anything you might like painted green?

“I suppose it looks so good now that you will want to move it,” Leroy grumbled.

“Depends on where we are going, how much room there is in the truck, and if there is a place to put it,” I said, “But probably we can just leave it.”

We do eat on it every once in a while. It sits in the grass so it will not have a much longer life. For some reason I seldom sit on it. I guess I am not one to just sit outside without something to do. Reading in the sunlight bothers me. So when I am not moving around I am indoors.

Paula

No comments: