Wednesday, February 22, 2023

No Work for Leroy

Hello, Leroy went to the early morning bible study, but came home after as the museum closed because of the approaching ice storm. I was just getting ready to make a quick trip to two grocery stores that are close together. I asked Leroy to come with me in case I needed help with ice, etc. It was just started to mist when we went to the car. Leroy suggested we only go to one store. That was a good idea. By the time we came out of that one store there was ice on the car, but not much. The streets were clear yet. It was not until we stepped on the deck that we noticed slippery places. After lunch I took out the compost, but warned Leroy, “I am not taking my phone. If I am gone too long come looking for me.” I did slip on the porch and a little on the sidewalk, but remained upright. I am so grateful not to be going to work. Miriam told me that at their house in UT they have 1.5 feet of snow on the ground with more coming. I like snow, but maybe not that much. I really prefer snow to ice. Our downstairs friends are going to come up for a visit this afternoon. It is so nice that we can go between our places without going outside. We each have a door in the enclosed back porch. Super! Paula

No comments: