Friday, February 24, 2023

Am I losing It?

Hello, We spent a chunk of time this morning trying to make sure we have all the tax papers we need to send on to our tax person. It involved a call to the company that has my IRA from which I take out an RMD. How is that for a bunch of initials? It took some time on the phone with three different people to get some of this straightened out in my mind. I still need a paper from one organization to which I gifted some money so I can get some tax credit for not spending the money on myself. It feels like I am wading though mud uphill sometimes. Or am I just getting too old to take care of my own stuff. I thought I had a letter from the gifted organization, but cannot find it. Ugh! The local person who can deal with this is out of town for a few weeks. We like to have our tax papers delivered to the accountant by now so they can get things in by the dead line. It seemed important for me to get out of the house and get some steps in the process of clearing my mind and emotions. This afternoon, we parked at the church and walked to the library. It is still quite cold and we did not want to walk all the way to the library and back. On our way back at the church we noticed the car of the person who does the meals for the homeless. We like to visit with her. In the process of greeting her, Leroy asked if she needed help. The answer was yes, so Leroy, especially, spent some time unloading her van and putting some of the bounty away. It feels so good to have something we can do and feel that it is of such value. Certainly a lot less hassle then doing taxes. Paula

No comments: