Saturday, February 4, 2023

Dodged Scam?

Hello, Yesterday, I was trying to book a room at a motel in St. Cloud. It did not make sense on the website when it had a $200+ taxes and fees line. This was more than the cost of a room for one night. I searched around trying to find another site for this place, but kept coming back to this. There was a phone number to call so I followed up on that. The man who answered assured me that that was a regular addition and all motels do something like that. I responded it was too much. Then he told me about the dates that I wanted to book. He had been tracking me is what I think now. He also suggested a motel that was close, and did not have such a high fee. He quoted me that and it was still more than I thought it should be. I suggested another place and it was even more. He kept pushing me to book it before it was gone. I said, “I want to check with my husband.” He said, “It could be gone. Tell me you email address to send the confirmation.” I gave him that, but did not feel comfortable. “My friend was quoted a much lower price.” “Prices change all of the time, when did she book?” he glibly stated. “I want to talk to my friends,” I affirmed but he kept putting on the pressure to give him my credit card information until I just hung up. I gave this person too much of my time, energy and peace of mind. Friends gave me another number to call and I was comfortable with the result. It scares me to realize how easy it would be to give out too much information. Paula

No comments: