Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Where does time go?

Hello, I find my days are full of this and that. However, I wonder how important is that or this? Just now I got the mail and spent some unplanned 20 minutes looking at it. So that is how time is used. Besides doing the things I intended to do. I am beginning to look forward to retirement, when I should gain 21 hours per week plus driving time. People who are already retired tell me they do not have any additional spare time in fact, many of them feel they are busier. Wow! This morning I hung out a load of clothes, watered plants at church, attended a study, walked home, ate lunch, made and baked granola, brought the clothes in, put mine away, and now I am writing to you. That uses a good bit of my day off. Tonight, we have church choir practice. I should be reading my book for book club as we meet next Monday which will come soon enough. On the way home from church I realized that a tree at the end of our block had been cut down. That stabbed my heart a little. I cannot remember noticing that it was damaged from the derecho, but maybe I missed something on it. Every tree now seems precious and important. Our fall sedum is starting to bloom. It pleases me to see bumble bees enjoying a food source. There are some black flies that do not thrill me, but surely, they have some purpose in the world. Paula

No comments: