Friday, September 23, 2022

Gas Buying Adventures

Hello, Once again, the gas station that is off my list had a good gas price. Since I go past them it is difficult to pass by. I was lured in. This time it accepted my credit card without fuss. At the gas pumping step, it refused to give me any gas. I tried the entire routine again still no gas flowing into my car. I went into the station where the woman cashier quizzed me on the steps. I was able to answer each question in the affirmative. She did not know why, but suggested I do it all again. I did that, but then just left this place. Because I was going home through different streets, I saw another station with the same low price so I stopped there. This station had some new displays. However, after putting in my credit card I pulled it out only to see a display that said to wait until told to remove it. Sigh! Usually, one must get the card out soon or it won’t work. I dutifully started over and made it to a later place in the process where it just beeped at me with nothing in the display. I canceled that. Then I moved on to my debit card because it is a tap card and this could handle that. Again, it got hung up on the beeping. It seemed my only choice was to use my credit card inside and get a specific amount charged to it. This kind woman told me she could do that or she could come out and show me how. Guess I look old enough to be clueless. I asked if she would come out and help me learn. At the pump she could not get it to work because there was not the proper display. She had me move to another pump where she walked me through the steps, many of which I had done before. She also came to a point where it was just beeping at her. We then went inside and she charged a set amount that I hoped would cover the purchase. It did just that and my gas tank filled. Do you hear me? I am not going to stop at that first gas station again. Do you believe me? Paula

No comments: