Monday, July 4, 2022

Home Safe

Hello, Two days ago, when I came home from work, I noticed a flashing emergency light on the ramp ahead of me. Two cars were also pulled over. I figured someone had been stopped for a driving issue. Then I noticed that four people were looking down in the ditch. As I pulled over to go around the police car, I could see that there was a vehicle upside down in the ditch. That did not look good. Just ahead of the overturned vehicle was another lying on its side. As I proceeded further up the ramp, I met another police car in the opposite lane. Fairly soon, two more came zooming past, followed by an ambulance. Not much later, a fire truck came roaring past. By this time, I was on the Interstate. Eventually another fire truck came with lights flashing. The last I saw was the pickup truck from the fire station. I prayed for the people involved as well as the emergency helpers. I realized the accident must have just happened. I think about the number of miles we are in the car with no accidents. Considering the possibilities, our safety is amazing. I was also aware on this Saturday of all the people who visited the brewery across the street. Many rode bicycles and many drove cars. Course there are many other types of distractions when driving. Leroy and I are trying to take the day off, but I managed to create a to do list. Leroy has now gotten 10,000 steps or more for a bit over two months’ worth. Paula

No comments: