Sunday, July 24, 2022

Stretching Bat

Hello, Dusk was setting in when I happened to be in the room where the bat hangs out on the screen, outside of course. It started twitching a bit, moving its head and then its position. It paid no attention to me so I openly stared, wishing for more light so I could see a little better. It started moving its limbs around. Then it made a noise, rather like a thump, thump. It seemed to be scratching itself, just as a dog might. The scratch only lasted a short time. A wing started to come out from time to time. The goal seemed to be working on cleaning it. That again took quite some time. Leroy found me and stayed to watch for a bit. He was not quite as enthralled as I was. I kept thinking it was going to fly away and I wanted to see that. All this wing action probably took some ten minutes and still no flying. I finally left, but not before it had started on the other wing. Darkness was making it difficult to see. Some of those infrared glasses would have been helpful. What a deal, to have this animal hanging on the screen so I can get about six feet away from it. It is a great learning experience. Paula

No comments: