Friday, July 8, 2022

Bat, no Bat

Hello, We have a bat again today. I was pleased to see it. Especially nice was that it was hanging lower on the screen and I could clearly see its top fingers or toes. They were so tiny and slim. Later in the day it had moved higher so I could not see them. Personally, I found that disappointing. Another day the bat was back. My suspicion is that it is always somewhere under the awning, just in different spots. I am just delighted everyday that it puts in an appearance. This morning when I closed the window it lifted its head and swiveled just the head around. My thought is that it was trying to track the sound for source or danger. I went to the grocery store this morning, thinking there was only a little rain. It was a little more at the store. I got out my injured umbrella that should be replaced if I ever remember. It helped a little. By the time I was ready to come out, it was pouring down. This is a store where I put my purchases in my vehicle myself. After waiting for some time, the rain seemed to slow down. I headed out with the umbrella over me, but not the groceries. I moaned as I stepped in a large puddle. Why hadn’t I worn my water proof sandals? Getting the things in the car was also a bit of a challenge with water coming in the trunk and then in the door when I got in. At least people do not melt as is also true of most of the things I had purchased. Our garage is detached so I took waiting time to wipe down car windows and the backup camera. Paula

No comments: