Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Yoga and kids

Hello, This afternoon, I went back to the library to lead the kids in a yoga session. It was quite fine. One of the six, was acting up a bit, but the rest were all attentive and tried hard. I was a bit sorry that I had said “yes” I would do this on my day off, but it was nice to get it done. I do feel energized afterwards. That makes it good. I have had a full day with washing and hanging out a load of clothes. I also brought them back in. That gives me some good steps. A cicada was hanging on one of Leroy’s shirts. I thought it was a beautiful specimen. I have not yet seen any, but have heard them for a few nights now. I prefer the sound the Iowa cicada species makes compared to the sound of the DC cicada. Not that we humans have much choice in the matter.
It feels good to have gotten a haircut. It is a little shorter in back than I like, but it will grow again. This is a walk-in place and I was pleased to go at just the right time when someone was paying their bill. Yesterday was a very hot day. There was a squirrel spread eagled on the sidewalk enjoying the shade and a little cool. I have also noticed birds sitting with the wings spread out and panting. We humans have it nice with air conditioning, but has that made it worse for the entire world? Paula

No comments: