Friday, March 18, 2022

Funeral and Taxes

Hello, We got a call yesterday to tell us that our tax papers were ready. All we had to do was pick them up and sign them. It was a drive across town in the rain, but we had a dry warm car. We did stop off at the post office to mail some papers to someone who was going to be driving to New Mexico. They had questions about what we had liked about our trip. They were also interested in places to see and places to eat or stay. Because of all the meals that were included in our trip our knowledge was a bit limited, but we could tell them were we had stayed as well as the few restaurants that we ate at. Two of the days we had “box lunches” so we could not talk about them very much. It was a day of death and taxes? In the afternoon we went to the funeral of a choir friend. The choir sang and that felt good. Leroy and I wore masks, as did two other people. We felt very much in the minority, but I feel it is a bit safer for Leroy. The man who died is my age. That rather startles me that he died because he seemed in good health. He had been at choir just two days before his stroke. It makes me realize that we walk a narrow line between death and life. I go to work tomorrow while Leroy will stay home. If possible, I will mix a batch of bread before I leave. Leroy is quite capable of baking us if I have the dough for him to manage. One thing nice about working on Saturday is that I come home at four. Monday I will do that same schedule because some of my coworkers have morning obligations. Again, it will be nice to come home and have the evening here. In spite of death and taxes, most of life is a continuation of routine. Paula

No comments: