Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Tight hip flexors and other mysteries

Hello, I have been doing yoga for a long time, often more than once a week. How does it happen that I have such tight hip flexors that I have difficulty doing certain postures? Supposedly it makes a difference if one sits too much, but I often spend time up and moving around. One of the problems is that my toes cramp in certain positions. This has been the case for about the last year or two. Before that my toes did not care what I asked of them. Now they protest painfully until I straighten them. When I get a toe cramp, I move my leg so it does not hurt thus not doing the pose. A long time ago I used to get cramps in my calves, but have not had that happen for years and years. How could I think I had golden colored slip-on shoes? This morning they revealed themselves to be brown. Did those cataracts obscure my sense of color so much? I had not gotten these shoes out for some time. How can my white thanksgiving cactus have that orange bud on it? I thought it was just an anomaly when it appeared in the fall. I checked and there is a white flower on the connecting branch. How can just one branch produce a different color flower? I have never seen such a thing before this year. Why do I go to the grocery store with a list and never look at it? Today I realized I had done that so I had to “leave the 99” and go back for the one missed item. At least I was still in the parking lot when I remembered it. It was a relatively simple matter to go back. Paula

No comments: