Saturday, November 27, 2021

Various Activities

Hello, I went grocery shopping this morning. It was quite fine to be in the store because so few people were there. Out in the parking lot, something on the ground was fluttering a little in the breeze. Closer inspection revealed two twenty dollar bills. No other cars were close to mine at all. I picked up the money, but felt a little guilty. A car had been much closer when I came, but it was gone. Leroy and I will decide what to do with it. There are always many places to give cash to help in one way or another. This afternoon I headed out for a long walk in the warm, sunny time of day. As I went on the busiest street I once again noticed trash flying around. Back to the garage for some plastic grocery bags made a different walk goal. I get quite a few steps as I go back and forth across the grassy area between the sidewalk and the street. I filled a bag rather quickly so took it into the garage and deposited it in the large city bag for clean up purposes. Usually I only carry two bags because it can be hard to deal with so much in one hand while the other is picking up. As part of the trash I did find a paper bag with handles that I considered recycling, but managed to fill my two bags before I was home, so I filled that paper bag too. I felt quite satisfied to have picked up four bags of trash. Leroy and I walked this afternoon when he came home and I pointed out the lack of trash. He did think it looked quite fine, but there were some new pieces or things that I had inadvertently missed. With the strong winds it is not easy to know where it is coming from or where it goes if not picked up. It certainly looks better now and that will last for a day or two. Paula

No comments: