Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Ignorance or just not knowing?

Hello, I felt totally surprised to come home and see so many bigger buds on both of the Christmas/Thanksgiving cactus. I suppose someday I will learn to change the name because they do bloom early for Christmas and they have those pointed leaves. Some of the buds on the pink one are open. The white has more buds than I have ever seen on it. Neither of these bloomed for their previous owners. They just like our bedroom window. For some reason I am noticing many things in my house that I do not know what to do with. Some of them are things that once belonged to my parents or Leroy’s parents. What to do with them is a big open ended question. Someday before we move again I will try to figure that out for some of them. I suppose some of them are just junk that has become attached to us. The pharmacy let Leroy know that his refilled prescription was ready. I walked up to get it since he rode the bike and does not like to stop on the way home. Today he did not take his bike lock since he can put his bike in a secure stairwell. It was a nice day for a walk. The pharmacist, who recognizes me, asked what he could do for me. I told him I was picking up meds for Leroy Bradway. It seemed to me he was taking a long time to find it. Then he pulled a bag out and asked me for his birthday. I thought carefully before answering. For some reason I never remember whether Leroy’s birthday is Feb. 2nd or 3rd. Leroy’s mother told me that it was close to Groundhog Day. The trouble is that Groundhog Day is not important to me and never has really been in my memory. This creates a struggle to figure it out on the spot. Then the pharmacist with a puzzled face asked, “Harold?” I tend to forget that Leroy’s first name is really Harold as I never use it. That makes it difficult for me in legal situations. I wish he would go by his first name, although now I would be living with some stranger. It is also tricky at the hospital where people talk to him and call him Harold and he does not respond. Such times! Paula

No comments: