Sunday, November 28, 2021

Pump Bottles

Hello, I have a new bottle of body lotion. I twisted the pump at the top to get it to come up, counterclockwise did not work. I tried clockwise. I made sure I held the cap as I turned the pump, first one way then the other. No success! When Leroy came home I had him try. He did the same steps that I did resulting in the same outcome, nothing happening. It sat out on the counter for about a week and we each tried this and that from time to time. Mostly we were repeating steps that had not worked before. Finally in desperation, the Internet was consulted. There were many sources of advice on this topic. Apparently we are not the only ones who have had trouble. A few assumed that we knew nothing about operating this pump, giving us the same method that we had tried. Looking farther down the list was the best one. It said to unscrew the cap, clean the entire tube of product, firmly grasp below the cap and turn the pump counterclockwise. I took off the cap, pulled out the tube and cleaned it off putting the lotion on my waiting dry skin. I still could not manage to get the pump to turn. Leroy also tried, but he commented, “My hands are still slipping a bit I am going to get one of the jar lid grippers”. What magic! The pump made a satisfying click as I turned it with Leroy holding the tube. Just a couple more turns and the pump came up. After a few pushes lotion came out onto my hand. It was a joyful moment. Paula

No comments: