Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Zoo Again

Salt Lake

Hello,

It was free day once again at the zoo so off we went, however this time we left Leroy at home because with the additional child there were not enough seats in the car for six people. Once there it did not seem so cold to me, but I prepared better by wearing wool socks, wool sweater, and good winter gloves. It seemed quite fine to me even though others complained some about the cold.

The visit was quite the same with the addition of a tiger roaring. I have never heard such a sound before. It was similar to the lion, but with a little different ring to it. This animal carried on for about five minutes. The other noisy animals were the white-handed Gibbon monkeys who were quite loud hooters or howlers.

At first the zoo was not very crowded, but that soon changed as more parents, grandparents and multiple toddlers/early school children came charging in. I am glad there is such interest in this outing. I do not necessarily like to see animals in captivity, but I know that some species are still with us because of zoos.

Unfortunately Miriam’s back/hips have not healed, but became worse yesterday. Today it was back to the chiropractor. Hopefully this will help her to come back to normal.

It is good that Leroy and I are here to help with some of the lifting, stretching, sitting, and turning that she is not supposed to be doing.

Both Leroy and I are having a bit of a hard time with how long it is taking for another job to appear on the horizon. Are you out there God? But then I know that we are really well off because we are in good health and we have saved enough money to get through a long spell with no job. The hardest part is the health insurance. That costs so much more than we want to pay. But we have the money for that too for a while. After all it is only money right?

Paula

No comments: