Friday, December 9, 2011

Separated

Salt Lake
December 8, 2011

Hello,

A couple weeks ago, or more, I was complaining that I was spending too much time with Leroy. Mostly I suppose that means I was noticing all of his annoying characteristics. For the next two weeks I will not complain about that as Leroy is now in Minnesota.

Son Brian, a full time student, is facing finals. Accountant Jen is busy with yearend tasks at work. Consequently, it is a tough goal to provide child care when the children are sick and unable to go to another care giver. Hence it is Leroy to the rescue even if a bit late. However Brian’s finals are next week so it will still help some. Perhaps it is good because Brian and Jen know they can get through difficult times. I have been praying for them especially this week because they had been on my mind. I guess all of the stress was why.

December 9, 2011

We do miss Leroy. He is good for child care such as last night when all the adults needed to be at choir practice. Miriam and I were singing and Andy plays the drums. We will also practice Saturday afternoon in preparation for the concert on Sunday afternoon.

Leroy is also good for a fourth at games, an occasional witty remark, a hug and declaration of love, and good for doing dishes when I do not want to be bothered.

Needless to say we are quite busy around here. It is good because it gives one little time to sit around feeling useless which I believe is a low feeling. I think most people like to feel they are contributing to the good of all.

I could live close to all of my children and be quite happy. It is just hard to know who to select. I have no desire to live in DC so that is a big decision maker about that location. I suppose I could manage to be outside the city someplace in the eastern US and be contented. The real kicker is not having a job in any of these child centric locations.

Paula

No comments: