Saturday, June 20, 2009

To New Brighton

Hello,

After church tomorrow Leroy and I travel to Brian’s house. Leroy will be taking a continuing Ed class and I will be free to do as I please with Sophia. I will baby sit with her on Monday and the rest of the week is up to me. How is that for a deal?

Today, Leroy rode in the Chariton Classic bike ride of 62 miles. He is weary, but glad that he completed it. He has not done that much riding for a long time so it was a stretch for him. He will ride in the bike ride across Iowa in July. Training will be high on his list of priorities. I did not really want to go because I was spending so much money to make a second trip to Kenya and then again to SLC. My neck hurts quite a bit when I ride the bike and I think I would need to have a new bike. Now I have the time, but not the money. If I were salaried, I would have the money, but not the time.

The new kitchen floor is buckling. They will look at that while we are gone. They wondered if we had spilled water on it, but I cannot think of a time when that happened. I am wondering if it is a problem because we had not turned on the air conditioner. That will about “kill” me if we have to run that more frequently just to keep the floor in good shape. Besides, my hair would fall in the dry air.

Our lettuce has been so nice. I will pick the rest of that tonight and take it to Brian’s house. Even if they do not want to eat it, Leroy and I will enjoy it before it is all gone. Fifty cents worth of seeds has given us many meals. I have given away 4-5 sacks besides. We are so blessed.

Paula

No comments: