Monday, February 23, 2009

Trouble Being Home

Hello,

I am having trouble settling into a routine. I am not sure why that is, but everything seems a bit unfamiliar. I did clean in the basement today to give myself some focus and meet some old dirt, but then I kept thinking about possibly packing for a move, however I really do not want boxes sitting around for a long time. A bishop in another synod sent Leroy a letter telling him that there was nothing available for him. So maybe there is no possibility soon.

I feel a little guilty because Miriam would like to have me come visit, but I made a schedule for doing Stretch and Pray at church that I feel I should stick to since it is on the calendar and everything. So I am feeling a bit sorry for myself having all of my children so far away. I would like to be able to just drop in from time to time rather than making such “state” visits.

Leroy and I remembered to collect our mail from the post office. That was a little bit exciting to go through that even if most of it was not for me and what was for me was junk with one exception.

We watched the movie Born Free since we spent a night at the home of the author. We think the movie was filmed at a former home of theirs because we did not recognize it. But then maybe we are forgetting everything in a hurry. Our next movie will be Out of Africa because we also saw the island where a bit of that was filmed as well as that author’s home.

Sarah and Stephen took us to interesting places. Stephen was the stellar tour guide for most of these ventures. In following letters I will take you on the journey with me, but I am just not in the mood to start today.

Paula

No comments: