Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ready To Go

Hello,

So nice that we could see Sophia! I was pleased as she walked to me and put her arms up. I try to prepare myself for the eventually that these granddaughters will not know us and figure they have to hide. So far I have been lucky. We enjoyed playing with her last night. Leroy had a great time crawling around on the floor.

By the way, we enjoyed visiting with Brian and Jen too but somehow they do not occupy center stage any longer. Brian did make, from scratch, a delicious rhubarb pie for Leroy’s 60th birthday which was yesterday. I had almost forgotten about it. “I guess the trip is your present,” I joked.

“It is the most expensive one I have gotten,” he laughed, “and I have to pay for it myself.”

Leroy and I have finished earning our keep at Brian’s house. I had a hard time seeing out of the back windows on Brian’s car (you know it is harder to backseat drive) so I went out to the garage and wiped them off. Since I was out there I did Jen’s windows as well as all lights. Maybe now they can see and be seen from all directions.

Leroy and I vacuumed up the carpeting which seems to accumulate dog hair. The one good thing is that the dog and the carpet match, however Leroy’s socks do not.

We are excited about going, but it is so funny to get excited about a trip of more than 22 hours. I know that the excitement will fade in the middle and we will just want to be done and off that plane.

Leroy is now taking a nap to gear up for this journey. I envy him his ability to sleep here, there, and everywhere. I could still learn a thing or too.

Good friends are coming to give us a lift. Our life has been enriched by friends and I am grateful for all.

Paula

No comments: