Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Waiting For Time to Pass

Hello,

 

We are just waiting patiently(?) for time to pass before our children’s surgeries. That does not mean we are doing nothing. Leroy is going to work as usual. He has decided that he needs more people time so he is taking a weekly spirituality class that interests him. He also goes to a weekly men’s bible study. We are singing in church choir which is a different experience with masks on. It is good to sing with a group once again.

 

I am trying to reach out to friends a bit more and taking walks with others. I am also seeing a counselor which I believe is going to be a big help.

 

I saw my dermatologist this morning for the yearly check up. I have some more of the precancerous cells so will be using that cream once more.

 

Mostly I am working just half time, but this week my two experienced coworkers are gone so as the only other experienced person on staff, I am putting in some extra hours. I can tell you that I am not interested in working more than half time. I like that time off during the week.

 

I got a bill, in the mail, for my second eye surgery. I was sure I had already paid that online. Just today I had some time to go looking for the receipt that I printed off. What a relief to find proof of payment, as that was a bill I would not like to pay twice. All of the medical things in the past two years helps to show me that we should keep better track of all this stuff, both what we paid and what we are taking. Do you think I will be dead before I figure out all of life? At one time I thought older people knew it all, now I am not so sure.

 

Paula

No comments: