Wednesday, October 27, 2021

New glasses

Hello,

 

My new glasses are good, but I still like to look around with them off my face, just because I can. Part of the reason for not wearing them, is that I have gotten used to the idea that I can roll my eyes around instead of moving my head to get a lot of view.

 

I wore them for my walk this afternoon and they darkened up just as they were designed to do. When I rolled my eyes up I could see things outside the glasses frame. Certainly in the morning dark, I will go without glasses for our walk. I looked at the thickness of the lens and was quite surprised. My new glasses are about only a fifth of the size. These seem almost flat. The old lens are ¼ in inch thick or ½ a centimeter. That thin size was after paying more money to get the thinnest lens possible and they were still big, big, big.

 

Brian gave us some frozen rhubarb. Today I made a rhubarb/mulberry crisp. It will be the last one this year as I am out of mulberries. Somehow we did not expend so much energy picking mulberries. We have one more bag of rhubarb. We will spend some time thinking of other fruit mixing possibilities.

 

Paula

No comments: