Tuesday, October 26, 2021

New Sight

Hello,

 

Today I got my new bifocals. Now the question is how much to wear them. They are certainly necessary when I want to see close. As it is, I have a pair of readers in every room except the bathroom and spare bedroom. I manage with that, but it is a lot of taking off, putting on, taking off, and wondering where they are. With the bifocals I can see near and far. I do like the sensation of being able to see so well in the distance without glasses. Also it is nice to be able to drive without them because I can comfortably wear sunglasses. I know several people who have told me they just wear them all the time, as they did before the cataract surgery. It would certainly mean no time looking for them since they would be on my face.

 

My new far vision is still new enough that I am amazed what I can see so clearly when I look out the window. It was also amazing to sit in the balcony at church and be able to see the front of the sanctuary without the blur. What a blessing vision is.

 

I can no longer say that Leroy sees better than I do. His vision is not bad, but mine is now so much better. He keeps telling me things that I used to have to ask him what I was looking at. He tells me, “Oh, I forgot you can see that now.”

 

I will take my new glasses to work today to see how that goes. I have gotten used to using the readers there, but it is a bit of a trick to switch all of the time.

 

Now if I could just get new sight for my thoughts and mind, it would be truly amazing. That is assuming that a new outlook would be good. Perhaps I mean new insight.

 

Paula

No comments: