Sunday, August 4, 2019

Sarah's Visit

Hello,



It is almost hard to remember what all of our activities were. One thing I must say right away. One of the granddaughters commented at the beginning of their visit, “Iowa is so boring, why would anyone live here?”



That does not insult me, but I am not sure they understood my remarks in return, “Different people want different things in life. I like not having so many people around and much grass and trees.”



However, as the week progressed I did not hear them talk about boredom. It seemed to me they were busy and engaged almost all of the time. I know that I was. They left yesterday morning. Does that mean there is no more excitement in my life?



Yesterday, I did put everything away that I could, washed several loads of laundry, and took a short afternoon nap. For some reason I kept waking in the nights and not able to return to sleep.



Leroy worked yesterday so his long, much longer, afternoon nap is taking place today. He managed to get some naps while they were here, but not as much as he would have liked.



We returned to the grocery store several times during their stay. I find I do not have a clue about how much food is needed for three more people. Each time the entire group went for added input about appropriate purchases as they do not eat many of the same things that Leroy and I will eat and enjoy.



In a later missive I will give some details about our activities.



Paula

No comments: