Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Accomplishments

Hello, It may sound crazy, but blowing my nose for the first time in three weeks was quite satisfying. It was not painful! I have been wiping my nose or heaven forbid snuffing, which is not as fruitful an effort. Last night we put the gel strip on my nose to aid with healing the scar. Leroy helped to get the size right. It is very sticky stuff and the first attempt was not quite right so it had to be pulled up, followed by a second attempt that was also a little off. It was noticeable when extracted, but not painful. Course the spot touching was very small. After reading the directions on the package rather than from the nurse, I groaned. It needs to come off after four hours. The other instructions talked about 12 hours. Luckily, I get up to go to the bathroom from time to time so I took it off at three hours. I will put it on before bed tonight so I can tend to it in a timelier manner. The strips are to be washed and reused so the recommendation is to alternate the use. What to do with them when they are sitting around? Also, how will I take them to Utah for Christmas? I will need to use them for months. Then there is that Panama Canal cruise coming up. Somethings get complicated. Grateful that this is all available to me. At church someone was talking about a place she traveled to and people do not have even a pain pill available. Rather the pills are so expensive they cannot get them. We are rich indeed. I ordered some Christmas gifts for our family in DC. I could not get the address to change to theirs for delivery, but chatting online with an agent got the job done. Grateful for that too. Paula

No comments: