Friday, October 28, 2011

Help Along the Way

Washington DC

Hello,

First to answer some questions I have been asked; yes Brian and Jen found my license in my purse tucked in among the credit cards. Yes Leroy planned to leave without me if I did not make it. I am a big girl, or almost, and I would have had to figure out a course of action to get on a later plane. Leroy would have had to check in my bag as it was already through security. We are again in DC, this time for the baptism of Natalie.

The airline yesterday was really quite helpful in my unexpected adventure. The ticket agent did tell me that they would wait as long as possible before they shut the door, but they would not hold the plane. She checked to make sure that we both had phones so we could contact each other.

I felt like berating myself and crying at first, but I believe that I did turn it over to God. Sometimes “helpless” helps accomplish that.

After going through security, Leroy immediately talked with the person at the boarding desk. He also learned that the airline people called security to convince them that I was not a risk and encourage them to move me along. Besides that, on the second part of the flight they fed us a complimentary breakfast sandwich. We have not had that happen in years when it is a domestic flight. Was that an affirmation?

Really even the security people reassured me that I would most likely get on the flight, I just had to answer some questions.

Transportation went well. The flight itself was uneventful just as we like. It was easy to get on the Metro in DC as the shuttle bus came about when we did. Sarah had sent passes to us. However, at the end we learned that we needed to add money to it. We took too long reading the instructions in the middle of the process and it kept our $20. The person in the station was quite helpful and instructive with the method of getting back the money. So that should not be a problem, eventually it should be credited.

What would I write about if yesterday’s events had not occurred? By the way I did not ask, but I am sure Brian believes that we are now really over the edge into old age and senility. I am grateful that I could catch him before he came back to the airport, but sorry that he had to make a trip to the post office and overnight my license which is now tucked safely back in my billfold.

Paula

No comments: