Monday, August 31, 2009

Church service in the park

Hello,

Yesterday church service was in the park followed by brunch. Brunch slipped past my radar and I took not one but two salads. Most of the offerings were sweets and fruits. My salads were half eaten. Sandwiches were also there so that was ok. Before we ate, I wanted to wash my hand. The large wolf spider looked at me. The rushing water caused it to try to get out and I screeched. My hands were almost clean. I did not press the issue because I was not interested in having the spider out of the sink.

It is better to let the grass grow longer and not cut it so short is the message I have preached to Leroy. He has complied. The trouble is that something stopped him the day he was last going to mow and then we had about three days of rain. Saturday he mowed the tall grass prairie into mounds of grass. I raked it on Sunday. I do not like to work on Sunday, but it seemed that the grass under might die. It is good to get the grass for mulch for the flower beds.

Today was a day to spend money. Our flight to Utah in October is booked as is my flight to DC in September. Miriam ended up calling the airlines for the Utah trip because we could not get it to go through on the website. We will go out of Omaha since it is so much cheaper. Then for the DC flight I called since I wanted to use my NW miles for a Delta ticket. After a long talk with the agent, the flight was booked using some miles, both Delta and NW flights, and paying some money. In the end I could not say that I got the best deal, but I just trusted this woman I was working with. It was quite complicated, way beyond my abilities. She was friendly too so that made it all feel right.

The credit card bill is paid as is a dr. bill. One car insurance bill is yet to be paid. It was a shocker. Our rate raised because of Leroy’s slide on the ice and rates were adjusted up for Iowa. But we have the money so we can’t complain too much.

Paula

No comments: