Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Bike ride

Hello,

Tonight’s bike ride is scheduled for the evening. The bike trail is an old railroad bed so not much hills, but it is eleven miles long. Riding on a tandem was a tempting solution to the idea of can I ride so long and so fast as surely these people would want to go. It should be fun and a learning experience since I have only ridden on a tandem for a short distance around town. Apparently the person in the rear of a tandem is considered the stocker. That seems to indicate a source of power. Time will tell if that is accurate or not.

Leroy wanted to use bread in his sermon today so I mixed two medium batches of dough last night. They rose over night and baked nicely this morning. The loaves were whole and white flour.

I sang a song with an alto this morning during the offering. I am always pleased when I can make it through without making some terrible mistake. Getting enough breath is difficult when I am nervous so that makes it hard to sing but today was not bad.

Someone gave us two summer squash and a gallon bag of blackberries. I am so pleased to get those. Yesterday brought the gift of two tomatoes. Leroy and I are well blessed by the fruits of the earth and the largess of others.

We ask for your prayers for Stephen’s sister as she is fighting cancer. Their life is stressful in addition as Sarah starts her job tomorrow, Lexi goes to day care, and they are purchasing a house.

Paula

No comments: