Tuesday, March 17, 2009

On the road back to Nairobi

Hello,

On our way out of the camp there were elephants on the road and then some impalas. “Oh, did you tell them that we were leaving,” I teased the driver, “and they have came to say goodbye?” He just laughed and drove on.

Close to the camp we passed a Maasi village. It was not in such good shape compared to the one we had visited. Perhaps all that tourist money makes a difference.

After a bit we left the road and took off on a dirt path again, but this one seemed a little more direct. We could even see that some progress had been made on the new road. There were bridges that were being put in and many workers were in those spots. I wonder when they get this new road built will people come and live close to it?

When we got on a good road I commented to the driver, “You really have to concentrate to drive on those roads.”

“That is why I do not talk much then because I have to pay full attention to my driving,” he assured me.

Our trip was much the same going back, but because it was later in the day when we approached Nairobi we saw more diversity in the travelers. More tour buses and merchants bringing things to Nairobi as well as more sedans.

As we got closer to the city the countryside kept getting greener and greener as well as higher and higher. Traffic increased and the intensity of the drivers seemed to increase as well. Typical city!

Our trip back did not take as long as the trip out so I guess the driver must have found a shorter path. The bouncing was as strong, but I was a seasoned traveler now so no matter.

Paula
http://picasaweb.google.com/psbradway/LeavingTheGamePark?feat=directlink

No comments: