Saturday, March 7, 2009

Life In Chariton

Hello,

Yeah! We just got our Saturn back. The repair guy said, “The last part finally came in yesterday and I finished it this morning.” It looks nice. I was going to pay for it, but the insurance check had been written out to Leroy and the shop so I could not sign it. Leroy just came home and now all is squared away.

Leroy is finally getting better. He was sick last Sunday but did not lie down until after church. Since then he has spent a good deal of time lying down. His throat hurt, progressing to a headache, followed by a pain in his abdomen, and then he went back to a headache. Luckily nothing was major and it was mostly one symptom at a time except for the extreme tiredness that settled in for the long haul.

Leroy had a funeral in Cedar Rapids today. The only member of this congregation who was older than 100 years died. She was originally from CR so the funeral was over there. Leroy rode in the hearse for three hours each way so he got to sleep. Last evening when we walked the .6 mile to the funeral home he announced that he would live in spite of being tired by the time he got home. Thursday he thought he would work for the morning hours, but came home after just two hours. Friday he managed to make it the morning.

It was so nice here that we thought it was summer, but now we are back to spring and even a possibility of snow later.

I do not intend to get this illness mostly because so many people have talked about something that just drags on.

I have started “Stretch and Pray” here. I have had about six people in the late evenings and just two for the early sessions. I really should have been a gym teacher or health professional specializing in exercise. It fits me better than teaching English. I have thought about getting trained in laugh yoga, but I am not sure that I could make money with that training because I hate to charge people. But I would like doing it.

Paula

No comments: