Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Information Correction

Hello,

Stephen sent me the following note. “Those pics you just sent out of the slum - those are actually of the slum called Kawangware (not Kibera). And what you saw - and took photos of - were the business, i.e., the "good" areas of the slum! It's the living areas - the residential areas - that are usually the worst!” I did realize that I was not seeing the worst of the slum, but only the edge. As I said I could not seem to snap a shot of the alleyways between buildings. I am glad that he let me know that some of my information was incorrect. I guess I just had too much to absorb it all. I have retitled the photo album.

Then there were the monkeys that I called velvet and instead it is vervet.

I have also updated a plant picture of the Bougainvillea. Our safari driver told us the bougainvillea was one of the most drought resist plants. So along with beautiful flowers it is a survivor.

Leroy bought a new bike yesterday. He could not bring himself to spend the money on a recumbent so he got an aluminum frame Trek. He also sent in his registration for the bike ride across Iowa. In the mood for training he rode his old bike to church this morning. When he came home at noon Leroy was gasping with effort after battling strong winds and dropping temperatures. He walked back to church in the afternoon. That was enough bike training for one day.

I hung clothes out this morning earning some self-righteousness and hurting cold hands. I did hang the socks up inside so it was not quite so many small pieces. Clothes did dry rather quickly as the wind whipped the water out of their fibers.

Paula

No comments: