Sunday, December 4, 2022

Rhodes Drive Around

Hello, Leroy and I are now home, but I am still giving my trip report. We flew to Athens and back from Istanbul. Certainly, lots of moving around for two weeks.
In the afternoon we took a bus ride tour around the island. It was quite wonderful scenery. St. Paul was in Lindos, but did not preach there. It is recorded in Acts 21. These places do note the journeys of Paul as I suspect it brings tourists to the area. We could also see, from a distance, the acropolis of Lindos with the temple of Athena.
Before we returned to the ship, we had a snack/meal of local foods. It was basically quite fine, although I do not think I will add many of these things to my diet. On all of our excursions our guides have been local people who speak excellent English. They have much information to impart. Once we returned to the ship, we had a bit of a panic time as we could not find the paper copies of our Turkey Visa. We were sure we had brought it, but where was it? We had several copies on our phones. By that I mean we stored it in more than one place on our phone. There were computers and printers on board and we went to print. However, all computers were being used so we waited to see on of the support staff. Our young woman was quite helpful, but I was disappointed to learn that we could not print from our phones, instead we had to email her and she printed them from her email. She too thought we should have the paper as well as the e version. Only the printed copy was ever looked at. Paula

No comments: