Monday, November 21, 2022

Ship’s Amenities

Hello, A very nice thing about this cruise line is that there is free Wi-Fi, not only for the patrons, but also for the staff. Again, a staff member told us how much they appreciated that because they could contact their families. The staff signs on for six months. They take a “vacation” for two months before they can sign on once more. Our steward said that he has done this for five years. He is from the Philippines. He has three children, the oldest is eleven. I suspect the money is good so he keeps doing it even though he talked about how much he misses changes in his children. Leroy and I went to the fitness room. We only went twice even though I had hoped to go every day, but our sleep pattern and schedule of tours did not allow that. I did a mix of tai chi and yoga while Leroy did tai chi and tread mill. Some others saw us doing the tai chi. They thought we should give a class in that. They were very impressed with our balance which was quite good at that moment. Is that a new career? Tai chi on cruise ships? We also went in the hot pool/whirlpool. This is a nice pool that has metal tube seats on one end. The whirlpool effect raised the top of my swimsuit almost to my neck as it filled with air. I had a struggle to try to get it down. It was hard to get the air out. It has a bra like structure under so I was still covered. Luckily only one person was there at that moment. That man in the hot tub was not looking my direction, so I ignored it as best as I could. My relaxation level was not quite as high as I had hoped. Leroy and I both did spend a bit of time laughing about that raising suit. Just a picture of what the suit looks like in normal circumstances.
Paula

No comments: