Monday, February 24, 2020

I’m Still Around

Hello,



I am still around, but so busy that I have not taken the time to write. I can say that I missed this part of my life. Writing satisfies some need in me.



We were home just about two weeks before we headed off to UT to celebrate our oldest granddaughter’s birthday. We had not been with her for her birthday before. We returned home last Wednesday and I worked (for money at my usual job) two of the days that we have been back. The rest of the time I worked at home. All of that traveling left me feeling a bit tired.



I want to relate one more tale about our Columbia trip. On the way home we had to go through security again in Panama City airport before returning to the US. The woman who checked our passports and tickets asked if we spoke Spanish. I do not understand Spanish, but Leroy does a little, but could not get what she wanted to tell us. She kept his plane ticket. As Leroy said, “I cannot get on the plane without that ticket.”



That was a bit disconcerting, but she waved us on through the rest of the security check. At the end of that system she came over and gave someone else his ticket. He was then instructed to go through a more serious search of his pockets and carryon baggage. At the end of which he was given his ticket.



So he could get on the plane. It appeared that there was a code on his ticket that was not on mine. We assume that he had been randomly selected for a deeper search.



Would you believe that in Chicago waiting for our flight home, we saw people from our congregation? They offered us a ride home when they learned that someone was picking us up. What a deal! The original person had made a meal for us and which they still left that on the back porch for us. Caring people abound!



Paula

No comments: