Friday, March 30, 2012

New Glasses

Hello,

Last week I decided to use some more of our wellness dollars and get new glasses. I stopped at Wal-Mart asking if they were covered by our plan. (Later Leroy said, “Where did you get that card? I have never used it.”) She said that often they do lower the price, but I would have to turn it in myself. My next question, “When can I see the doctor?”

“Right now?” she replied.

“Right now?” I wondered.

“Well, as soon as you have finished the paper work he will be done with the person he is seeing,” she responded.

That is just how it worked. All of the people there were astonished that I had not gotten new glasses for five years. Seems I am in the minority. I should have perhaps come in sooner as I needed change in both the distance and the bifocal part. With my new glasses on, I am amazed at the clarity with which I see in the distance. So far I have not really figured out the proper place for my head to be to get a consistent good view close to me. For instance, I still have on my computer glasses. Also the doctor told me that the anti glare had been coming off of my regular glasses. At night it is much better to see in the streets with the car’s flashing past. I had thought about getting the transition lens, but opted instead for clip on sunglasses. For some reason they do not urge me to get the transition lens. I am already paying quite a bit because of the strength of the prescription, no glare, scratch resistance, and a special procedure from Nikon that increases the field of vision. Usually I can mainly see in the center of the glasses, but this helps my peripheral vision. I believe that I can see that difference. I pay extra for all of the above features; however I am happy to be able to do that as I wear glasses from the minute I get up until I go to bed.

I am enjoying looking at all of the things I can see more clearly. I told Leroy I had thought I had been seeing normally, but realize it was not at all normal.  Leroy tells me, “Now you can see how abnormally handsome I am.”

Paula

No comments: