Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Successes


Hello,

Yesterday, I finished cataloging all the videos and all of the books that had been lined up for some time. It is great to look at the shelf and see it almost empty. As my boss laughed, “I will have to order more books to keep you busy.”

The videos especially have been there since I started in March. More books would just keep materializing because of purchases or gifts. This z source I found is so great because everything that I did yesterday was available there. Admittedly I had to search rather diligently for some for it, but it finally came to light.

There was a movie with a one word title that I was looking for. After entering this title at least three different times, getting it to run, and doing some other job while it ran only to come back to failure left me discouraged. My boss suggested I could just do a slim catalogue record and forget about it. Before I did that, I looked at Worldcat. The movie appeared complete with the proper picture on the cover. I happened to notice that the actors were listed as authors. That gave me another search point. I first tried the only actor name I knew but nothing returned. Then the next name gave me the record. Yes! Happiness filled my soul. Why it did not show up long ago I cannot imagine, but there it was just as it should be. There still are mysteries in life and I suppose that is good. I certainly could not have felt so good if I had found this catalog record on the first try. It would have been just added to the other easy finds.

There were ten DVDs that we had been unsuccessful at finding on Saturday. Today I found all of them. Some were even not that difficult. Why they did not turn up on Saturday I cannot say, but it was great to conquer the pile.

Besides that, my friend gave me a tip to make magazine cataloging much faster. And it was fast already.

Little things can be satisfying.

Paula

No comments: