Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Morning Time


Hello,

I need more morning time. My “to do” list has much on it before breakfast. Breakfast has to happen by a certain time so Leroy can get to work. Not a problem for me as I only go at 9:00 one morning a week.

I would like to write in my journal first thing. At this point I like to do stream of conscious writing, I used to fill three pages, but have cut that back to one as it takes so much time. I want to exercise for about 15-20 minutes. Then there is that thirty minute walking time in the early morning while it is still cool. Leroy generally leaves by 7:30 or before if we are ready. He likes to get to work early so he can get more done while the work place is quiet. Also on the list is shower time, Leroy fixing his lunch, fixing breakfast, eating breakfast, and devotions.

Either we have gotten older and slower or these things take more time than they used or did not do them all. Somehow we are having a hard time getting to all of it. We often get up before 6:00, but not as seriously at 5:30 as we used to do. I have decided that I must not let my lack of progress before breakfast color my perception of the entire day.

Perhaps it would help if I could change my rhythms and become a night person. It is harder for me to sleep when I come home at 8:30 at night. Leroy was never bothered when he had meetings at night. He could still come home, read a little, go to bed, and snore in about two minutes. I do not have such skill, but of course women do not snore, so it is hopeless to expect such change. I will just have to prioritize my wants and not be too hard on myself when I do not get it all done in the morning.

Paula

No comments: