Sunday, July 8, 2012

Cool Dress


Hello,

Today I wore my coolest dress. On the walk to church and it actually felt balmy outside so coolest was not necessary. It was amazing we were not sweating by the time we got to church. After that I was freezing as in church the AC seemed to be blowing for the entire service. One woman told me, as I was slipping on a light sweater jacket, that it was quite cold in the sanctuary even though the thermometer was set at 72. Personally I find 72 degrees to be much too cool as I prefer 75 or above in the summer when I am half naked as my grandmother would say I was. Oh if grandma could see all the skin these days she would think I was quite modest in comparison. And to think there was a time when ankles were sexually exciting if exposed. Perhaps that was grandma’s time as I cannot remember ever seeing her ankles without hose or stockings on them. Does anyone even think about an ankle anymore unless it is hurting? Much is to be said for attitude or culturization and acceptability. Amazing how persuasive advertizing can be along with the power of “others are doing it” so I might or must too.

Leroy and I did find the walk home from church to be a bit warmer, but it was still nice to see so many out enjoying the comfort as they sat on their front porches. I will say that even on the hottest days I saw people sitting on their porches. Judging by the fans in the windows or the open windows, I would say they did not enjoy the benefits of air conditioning.

Here Leroy and I do not control the furnace, but we have been quite comfortable most of the time. We have been grateful for the ceiling fans when I bake or use the oven.

I bought another sweet yellow banana pepper. It really was not reduced that much in spite of how stressed it looked, but I bought it anyway because I want to harvest some. Is that true optimism? My tomatoes are looking good and producing green tomatoes that I have great expectations of eating when they are red.

Paula

No comments: