Friday, July 20, 2012

A Fool and his Money


Hello,

Surely a fool could not be referring to me since I am not a “he”. But it might be a close fit some days. We have been carrying another picture that we have not framed, mainly because there is no premade frame that works with it. It is a picture that the school in Bratislava gave me. I decided to frame it or pass it on as there is really no point in keeping it in my dresser drawer for safety. This must be the year to purchase frames because I realize since we have lived here I have bought three other frames, each more expensive than the last. What I did not know was that I was building up to the largest out lay of frame money for this group of two people who believe in holding onto their money.

I went back to the store where I selected the other frames. I could find nothing that would work with this picture. A clerk came and helped me look. She was also unsuccessful. Consequently I ordered a custom made frame. Is this print as valuable as the frame? Not even close. Probably the frame outshines the picture. I will surely have to work hard to enjoy it as much as the cost deserves.

It is a picture of the castle in Bratislave from the 1700’s. After all, Bývali sme pod hradom which translates as we lived under the castle. Would you believe that I even remembered this phrase, but I checked the translator for sure? I will be happy to have this picture out where I can look at it.

At least we do have the money to pay for this and we are not taking it from some other concern.

Last night we visited with one of our neighbors who has garden strips in her front lawn. She is Asian, but I could not tell from what country, but her accent was strong and English limited. She is growing interesting things.

Paula

No comments: