Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Three Errands Done

Hello, The first errand included some other things. One of the plants in the church flower garden is a perennial with robust growth. The first task was to contain that in a smaller area by pulling up the strays. At church is a good place to drop off my extra tee shirts. I managed to eliminate at least four of them with more waiting for a future purge. A person at church will hand those out to the people she knows in need. At church, it became apparent that I have no gloves, and no container for the plant discards. Forgot those details. Hands can be washed and a plastic bag would do to corral the plants. They pulled easily with some very long roots trailing back to the parent plant. After considering putting them in the trash, it seemed best to take them home and add to our city compost bin. The next task was to walk to the library, return books and secure two more. The weeding and then the walking did not take so long, giving me time to walk around and look at some of my favorite close murals. At the library I was still too early, joining many of the people who look to be homeless. My Fitbit is hard to see in the outdoors. I just stood and waited patiently. A gap-toothed man came up and looked through the window at a clock across the way. “Oh, there is a clock there.” I laughed. He had a tote in hand and a three-fourths full garbage bag slung over one shoulder. He said, “Yes. I have been homeless for a month, sleeping on cement, rocks and any place I could find.” “That has to be hard,” I commented. He then proceeded to tell me, “I will have an apartment soon. This will be over. At least they asked me to sign a lease. That should mean I can get in?” “It sounds very hopeful.” I said. The third task was to bring home the plants that wintered in the museum. I brough home three and Leroy will bring home the other three tomorrow. Most of them will go outside Paula

No comments: