Friday, May 3, 2024

Cleaning a garage shelving Unit

Hello, Leroy and I went out to tackle the unit together even though he told someone most of the stuff was mine. Well, I can say most of the stuff was not just mine, but ours. We took everything off the shelves, except his toy train set from childhood. I wiped all shelves, swept much of the floor in that area and moaned about the number of plant pots and baskets that I have. I kept all but a few of the pots. There were a few things that went into the garbage. I put two pots out front of the house as well as a starter plant kit. One of our neighbors was talking to another neighbor. He stopped to ask, “Are you getting rid of those things?” To my yes, he added, “I can use that. I rent a half-acre garden plot. I can use everything you have out there.” He used slightly different language than that, but I cleaned it up. “Would you have any use for plant hangers? I have two of them.” I asked. He was quite excited to see them and said they would use them on their porch to hang plants. They have cats and they are hard on plants. What a wonderful thing to find someone to take our discards. This morning one of our friends gave us a nice amount of spinach. Some of it had been planted last November. It was going to seed and he was getting rid of the plants. Some other leaves were from this spring. They were huge. I love getting all this organic produce straight from the source.
Paula

No comments: