Thursday, May 2, 2024

Rhubarb Gifted

Hello, We were gifted with a nice amount of rhubarb. What an early spring treat. All of the rhubarb is sliced small. Some went into the freezer for a later time. Some went into a crisp. I put some blueberries in the mix of rhubarb to lower the tartness. The topping is like many others might make, but it has no sugar. I still have some of the fermented honey from Biran and I added about a fourth cup in the topping. Leroy and I both thought it was quite fine. Probably a bit tart for the rest of the country.
I did not have many steps because of the rain most of the morning. This afternoon when out, it was so nice that I just kept walking and did not notice how far from home I had gone. Now I have my 10,000 steps even though I had not planned on that for today. The rhubarb in the community garden is looking quite fine. Soon it will also be ready to pick. Hopefully someone will come get some of that. The kale is so prolific. Leroy and I eat quite a bit, but if you looked at the plants, you would never know that any had been taken. Paula

No comments: