Friday, August 2, 2024

What a Day

We have a sleep number bed. Last night Leroy wanted to change the number and the batteries in the remote were powerless. He tried some from another device, but they did not work either. He put the batteries in the charger overnight and figured it would work in the morning. No such luck. He called the company. They could not find our account. Apparently, that is needed to fix the remote that only works with our bed. We could not find the proper papers. After much struggle and time on their side and ours, it finally happened. The account is in my name and needed my phone number. We wrote all that down and put in the file so we are ready in the future. The guy who helped us was truly patient. Perhaps he was playing games while he waited for us to search this and that. Or maybe he had other work he could do. I was impressed with his skill with the aged public. This afternoon we went to the shoe store. My knee has been hurting some and the reason is that my shoe soles are worn on the outside rim. At least that is what the physical therapist thinks is a contributing factor. My walking shoes are a year old and I wear them quite a lot. I may clean them up and see if any of the lower income people who come to the church meals would like them since the shoes do not even look worn out. I just realized that except for the dentist and the eye doctor, I have been able to walk to all of my doctor appointments. What a great thing. Healthy for me and for the planet. Paula

No comments: