Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Cooler?

Hello, It was 60 degrees when I started to church to water the flowers there. The flowers on one side are in the sun when I get there, but it still did not feel hot. After visiting a bit, I headed back with a stop in the community garden. I had announced, “I am going to strip the beans because they have gotten too old. That turned out to be an optimistic statement. I did pick beans, but only about ¼ of them. It felt hot in the sun. Since it was only me, I could not convince myself to keep going after picking a bag and a half. Somehow other people are encouraging just by their presence. I will have to go back sometime soon. I have not done anything with those beans, but I must sort as some of them were ok. I also picked two heads of broccoli. It seems our neighborhood has changed. Seldom do I see people out on their porches so it is hard to share this produce on the way home. I am also not aware of many others using the garden as was the case in the past. This afternoon I went out and delivered some more of the neighborhood newsletters. Leroy had stubbed his toe so he sat at home with his foot elevated. Again, I soon noticed the heat, but it had gotten up to 82 degrees with much sun coming done. To protect my skin, I have on my sun hat as well as a sun shirt. I am well covered. Paula

No comments: