Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Tomatoes?

Hello, For some reason the tomatoes in the community garden are very slow. Or perhaps someone is picking them before they are totally ripe. I just want a few to eat. A neighbor showed us the five-galleon bucket’s worth he had picked from his garden. He said, “This is the second time this week.” I am jealous. We do have some peppers at home along with some salad greens that are coming back. I planted some seeds for the fall, but nothing seems to have germinated. Leroy thinks the seed is too old and I think the watering or lack thereof is at fault. As I was leaving the community garden area yesterday, I saw a guy coming by. After hearing about the garden, he sounded like he might be eager to pick some things. Too bad the cucumbers have all died. He would take some of the small tomatoes which are doing quite well. I am always glad to encourage others to harvest some of the produce. Leroy and I think we should go back and check on the beans, but it is raining now. Maybe tomorrow we will have time to get that done. The zucchini has been put down by the bugs. I am still amazed that one year I as able to keep them at bay. It was necessary to get there early in the morning and kill all that I found under the leaves. Paula

No comments: