Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Parking Lot Full

Hello, On my walk to church this morning, the college parking lots were full. Students are back. There are a few who are out and about. It brings new energy to the area. There are some out of state license plates: Texas, Indiana, Illinois, Colorado, and Virginia. I have to confess that I never really thought about the people in town when I went to college. The campus was my world. In those days there were very few students who had cars. People talk about needing more money, but some of the truth is that the need box has gotten larger than the want box. How did we manage without a car? Mostly stayed on campus and when off, walked where we needed to be. There were no TVs in rooms that I knew about and computers were in their infancy. Now, it seems that a computer is needed to a successful time at college, so perhaps that slides into the need territory. We did not have phones in our rooms, but only one or possibly two on each floor in the hall. That too has slipped over into the need column of life. Even now it is hard to imagine life without this instrument with me when I go out. How did we find our way? Paula

No comments: