Sunday, August 11, 2024

Walking and Geese

Hello, This afternoon we checked our step count. Would you believe that Leroy recorded almost 2000 more steps than I did from our walk to and from church? How could that be? He did usher and I mostly sat and stood during the service. I did greet, however, and that involves a small amount of walking around. We also watered the flowers and he did walk to the farther ones. All that must have added up. An afternoon walk was on my agenda to get closer to the 10,000-step goal. Leroy wanted to join so I let him. On our way we went through a park. Leroy commented on the number of geese there. Then we had a titillating conversation about what a group of geese is called. It was enchanting I will not tell you what it was. The only word we could recall was a gaggle of geese. We checked out some street construction before we came back to the park. On the way through, we noticed some geese on the splash pad. I turned the water on, startling them and they moved off a bit. Leroy and I then walked farther away. The geese came back on the pad and some started drinking. Then some of them stood under the part that puts out a mist and not a big spray of water. Soon all the other geese were moving to the water and enjoying it as well.
Paula

No comments: