Saturday, March 13, 2021

Vaccine and drive home yesterday

Hello,

 

Yes, we got our second shot today. It seemed so much easier to me since I knew where to go and Leroy took his car keys so I could not have a problem if I locked the keys in the car. My only hang up was when I waited in the left turn lane to go to the pharmacy, the line did not move when it could. I checked and there was a big line of cars that were waiting to get to the adjacent donut place. I just pulled back into the lane to the right and turned left at the very close stoplight. That was the easy way to go. I got there quite early, but they just took me in anyway. There was one person getting their shot ahead of me with others who had already gotten it. I left the building before my appointed time was reached. Leroy, who was also early, was waiting for me outside when I came to pick him up. Nice?

 

We got gas and headed home to increase our fluid intake which was recommended. The person in my store commented that she had told people before their second shot to drink a lot the day before. Obviously I cannot to that, but I can drink more than usual today.

 

Yesterday when coming home, there just seemed to me one slow down after another. I delivered some things to a volunteer who was going to work on something heavy at home. She had walked and could not carry it. But five minutes before closing someone came in and that delayed closing time. On the way home I could not merge onto the lane for the interstate. “Oh well, I will just get off at the next street.” I reassured myself.

 

I did not pay attention and I ended up going south on the interstate. So that meant a trip down to the airport exit before heading north again. Luckily I had already called Leroy to let him know I would be late before I left Ely. I could just push one button on the phone, tell it to call Leroy, and that call went through the car speakers. Leroy just laughed when I told him I was going south and said, “Drive carefully.”

 

That helped put me on track to pay attention and realize it was just a small thing in the whole of life. No need to feel agitated and upset.

 Our cactus are blooming again. 



Paula

No comments: