Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Rugs Washed

Hello,

 

With the sunny warm day it was perfect to wash some throw rugs. They all dried before noon. That is almost like summertime conditions. A long, long walk will happen this afternoon.

 

It is so wonderful to be outdoors when it is comfortable. Leroy rode his bike to work today. It has been quite a while since that has happened.

 

It is warm enough that even I could ride my bike, but I will walk instead. At some point we had 69 degrees F. We like our thermometer which gives us the temp for the past 24 hours.

 

Our house is home to a number of fruit flies. I think they especially like the blooming plants, at least I see many of them in that area. Today, I have put out traps of apple cider vinegar and soap. So far two of them are trapped.

 

I walked for a while, but came back to the house because I wanted to pick up some of the trash that has been revealed by the melting snow. With two plastic grocery type bags on my arm I headed out. It did not take long before one bag was almost too full to deal with. As I was juggling bags the strong wind snatched the empty bag out of my hand. Catching it or finding was not a possible task for me. Guilt set in as I thought about how I was contributing to the trash. Sigh!

 

This winter we used quite a lot of sand on the sidewalk, etc. So my next job was to sweep some of that up and put it back in the containers so it could be reused next year. I do not like all of the sand being tracked into the garage or the porch. We take off our shoes so it does not come in the house so much.

 

Paula

No comments: