Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Storm Lives On

Hello,

 

Yesterday while walking on the trail, I came close to a business that was doing some clean up from last summer’s derecho. One of the guys was in the mood to talk after I complimented him on how much better it looked around there. Besides the cleanup they have a new roof and new siding.

 

He said that their company, which does some construction work, is booked for nine months yet. He added, “People call and they want an estimate. But I have to tell them there are only so many hours in the day and we cannot do that yet. It is still so hard.”

 

Then he told about his wife getting her derecho damaged car’s body work done. He said, “The car body shop said they are booked through January.”

 

I know there are still many damaged cars sitting around, but I had no idea about the repair lines. That storm raised my consciousness in many ways.

 

Today I again heard about storms coming, but to the southern USA. I have new feelings of empathy for what they might be facing. If they were talking about our area, I would be seriously preparing.

 

Leroy has to increase his level of meds back to the former level. His blood work showed an infection. He has also been experiencing some headaches. Hopefully this will take care of that.

 

On a side note, would you believe I went to the store for a gallon of milk and come home with $25 worth of groceries?

 

Paula

No comments: